HTML

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Feb 4 01:53:36 CET 2003

I think I may have been one of the HTML offenders.  I'd set my Outlook
default to RichText when I first started here; that has now been remedied.

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
> I am writing to say that a long established Usenet tradition is that
> mail that is hard to read (in the mind of the reader, not the
> writer) is
> far less likely to get a helpful reply.

[snip]

> Mail that is hard to read because the
>
> . lines are too long
>
> . paragraphs are too long
>
> is unlikely to get replied to.

Please add to my list:

- poor/missing punctuation
- gross neglect of appropriate capitalization
- CAPS LOCK
- syntactic/semantic misconduct
- use of silly abbreviations, e.g., "u r gr8" to replace "you are great"
- anything that can be described as "this hurts my eyes"

Insert other ObRant items here.

jc