FW: Correct Syntax for check_flexlm (fwd)

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Mon Feb 3 17:58:14 CET 2003

Subhendu,

What version of Flexlm is this script written for? The version that is currently
being used on the license server is 8.0.

-----Original Message-----
From: Subhendu Ghosh [mailto:sghosh at sghosh.org]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:26 AM
To: Rice, Clifford E.
Cc: Kaplan, Andrew H.
Subject: RE: FW: [Nagios-users] Correct Syntax for check_flexlm (fwd)

Cliff

The logic is the same from the script that you submitted.  I moved a
couple of vars around, updated for ePN, and got the setting for lmstat
from the initial configure process. Also the oputput now prints the list
of servers up and down.

Going over the script reminded me that it doesn't check for vendor daemon
status, just flexlm. Perhaps we can tackle this after 1.3 is released.

-sg

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Rice, Clifford E. wrote:

> Subhendu,Andrew,
>      It appears something strange happened to the check_flexlm.pl script in
that this does not
> match the one I submitted.  I've attached the one I have in this email.
Andrew, have a look at
> the attached perl script in vi and make sure it has none of those ^M's since I
have to use
> M$ LookOut at work.   Next you'll have to modify the line (most likely line
75) and set the
> path to point to where your lmstat executable is.  The original check_flexlm
didn't have the
> lmstat path as an argument so hand editing is needed to get that path right.
The script uses the