Want to do Delayed Notification on certain types of HARD conditions

Carl Schelin cschelin at hq.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 30 17:40:59 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 10:43, Mark Hennessy wrote:
> I was wondering if it was possible in Nagios to only page after some
> persistent period of a HARD condition like say a HARD warning.  In this
> instance, I want to have Nagios send notification only after 12 hours of a
> HARD warning has been persistently in place, but I want to continue to have
> immediate notifications on a HARD critical.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how one might do that without creating duplicate
> service or host checks (one for warnings only and another for all other
> conditions)?

Why not use escalations?

define serviceescalation{
  host_name	         webserver
  service_description    HTTP
  first_notification     12
  last_notification      48
  notification_interval  60
  contact_groups         unix-admins
}

Configure the services.cfg to check every 60 minutes and put a null
contact group in the service definition.

> --
>  Mark Hennessy

Carl