WAP Interface Non Standard Port

TCP/IP tcpip at cox.net
Mon Dec 29 16:27:01 CET 2003

My ISP blocks port 80 inbound.  I am trying to get to the Nagios WAP
interface via a non-standard port (3390).

Internally, the WAP piece works fine using a local PC based WAP browser
(http://www.winwap.org):
http://username:password@servernameFQDN/nagios/cgi-bin/statuswml.cgi)

I have a redirect on my firewall for port 80 going to 3390 on my Nagios box.
This is functioning correctly, as I can get to
http://servernameFQDN:3390/nagios/index.html and access Nagios from outside.

However, the WAP piece doesn't work using the same syntax and adding the
port:
http://username:password@servernameFQDN:3390/nagios/cgi-bin/statuswml.cgi)

I've tried through the WAP browser at http://www.mobone.com/, as well as my
Verizon cellphone.

Is there anything in WAP that doesn't like the :3390 port definition?
Verizon's homepage URL on my phone has a :8509 at the end, so I know it can
take ports.  But I assume that gets you to their proxy server.  But it
doesn't work through mobone.com either, so I don't think it's a Verizon
specific problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sean Fischer