1 problem, 2 questions

nemir nemiria nemir at mindless.com
Sat Dec 27 14:53:17 CET 2003

Hiya.

I have just installed nagios 1.1 stable on a Fedora Core 1 server.  The installations seemed to be pretty painless,  and I had a previous isntallation's config files that I could basically just plonk into my ~/etc/ and away i'd go.  Initially I did forget that I needed to set up .htaccess on the folder to allow the cgi stuff to work,  and when I did that I thought I would have no more troubles.  Unfortunately,   I still get exactly the same authorization errors as if I had not set up a .htaccess and htpasswd.users file.

What I am doing wrong?

I put the relevent entries into the httpd.conf file in a VirtHost bracket like this

<VirtualHost 222.111.222.98>
ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios /usr/local/nagios/share
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I have a second nagios server set up this way that works perfectly,  so I am curious as to what I may have overlooked.   I turned off the authentication requiremnet, and it logged me in great.

This leads me to my next question,  however.   Has anyone out there set up a VirtHost bracket like the above that will translate nagios.domain.name to the same site as 127.0.0.1/nagios/   ?  I want to put this onto a server which is shared over several services that are all competing for limited addresses.

Finally,   I have set up an SMS notification method using gnokii (which works fabulously,  just in case anyone is curious!).  What I am keen on doing from the web interface is testing out my new notification method.  Is this something that is available,   a button to push that will send a test notification..?

regards,

nemir