Quirky issues - ditto (earn $100)

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Wed Dec 24 19:46:07 CET 2003

Jeff,

I tried your steps, but nothing changed.  Although I changed the use_retained_program_state to 0, when I restarted Nagios it automatically changed it back to 1.  Any idea why?  It's possessed!

--------------------------------------
Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS

>>> jeff vier <jeff.vier at tradingtechnologies.com> 12/24/03 10:15AM >>>
The way you fix this is this:

1. edit nagios.cfg and change use_retained_program_state=1 to
use_retained_program_state=0
2. restart nagios (use the web interface)
3. change use_retained_program_state back to '1'
4. restart nagios again.

(the other "fixit" post was close, but wrong :))