Quirky issues?

TIM MOORE MOORET10 at odjfs.state.oh.us
Wed Dec 24 14:44:33 CET 2003

I have noticed a couple things about Nagios that don't seem to make sense.  Perhaps I'm just missing something and someone could shed some light.

When I look under 'Service Detail' I have many devices that have their service notifications disabled by default.  I have notifications_enabled set to 1 on all service definitions in the services.cfg file.  The only way I can get them turned on is if I drill down each one and click 'Enable notifications for this service'.  This will take forever as I have 1100 devices in the database.  My settings for service notifications is [w,u,c,r].  Why is this?

Also, I had a device go down last night and no notification was sent.  Nagios says it was down for over 30 min, but nothing was sent.  I have service notification enabled for an oracle port but host notifications turned off.  Is it possible that if the host goes down and you have host notification turned off that it will take precedence over any service notifications and not send them?  That is the only thing I can figure.

Tim Moore
DNS/Linux/Cisco Admin
ODJFS