ADD_SERVICE_ACKNOWLEDGEMENT ??

dave at homer.cymry.org dave at homer.cymry.org
Tue Dec 23 11:35:52 CET 2003

lo all, and forgive me if this has been asked before, my searches imply that it has
not.

I had been wondering if there was an external command to add service and host
acknowledgments via the external commands file, I assumed there must be since the cgi's
could do it, but it wasn't documented in the External Commands section of the
documentation.  To be fair the document does say "This is a description of the some of
the external commands which have been implemented in Nagios", /some/ being the
operative word there.

I was able to get what I wanted by tail -f'ing the external command file while manually
acknowledging a service problem from the web front end, but I was hoping there was a
more comprehensive list of external command syntax available somewhere. Anyone have any
idea if there is?  I suppose one could be grepped from the source.. Anyone done this
and can save me the trouble?

Thanks.