check_nrpe fails, SSL handshake error (NOT Solved)

Michael Tucker mtucker at airmail.net
Tue Dec 23 16:03:43 CET 2003

On Monday, December 22, 2003, at 10:23  PM, Michael Tucker wrote:
> On Monday, December 22, 2003, at 05:34  PM, John Downs wrote:
>
>>    I wish my problem was so easy to fix. I recompiled with
>> --disable-ssl
>> option and it works
>> a little better.(I tried the permissions issue it didn't help) I am
>> still
>> getting the following error
>> in /var/adm/messages:
>>
>>    Network server bind failure (126: cannot assign requested addres)
>> This happens when I start start nrpe in daemon mode with:
>> /usr/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg -d

> Yeah, I get exactly the same thing. (Well *almost* exactly the same.
> Mine says "(125: cannot assign requested address)", but otherwise it's
> the same if I try to launch nrpe as a stand-alone daemon.

Oops. That was from memory last night, and not exactly right. Here's
the actual line from my system's /var/adm/messages, after an attempt to
launch nrpe this morning:
-----
Dec 23 08:54:13 {hostname} nrpe[2739]: [ID 434846 daemon.error] Network
server bind failure (125: Address already in use)
-----

A small difference, but nevertheless...

~ Michael