check_nrpe fails, SSL handshake error (Solved)

John Downs john.downs at labs.gte.com
Tue Dec 23 00:34:27 CET 2003

   I wish my problem was so easy to fix. I recompiled with --disable-ssl
option and it works
a little better.(I tried the permissions issue it didn't help) I am still
getting the following error
in /var/adm/messages:

   Network server bind failure (126: cannot assign requested addres)
This happens when I start start nrpe in daemon mode with:
/usr/bin/nrpe -c /etc/nrpe.cfg -d

nrpe is owned by root and has suid bit set. nrpe.cfg is owned by nagios and
is readable by everyone.

any ideas on this?

Thanks!!

-john