mailq and nrpe

Basile Mathieu Basile.Mathieu at siris.sorbonne.fr
Thu Dec 18 17:06:09 CET 2003

we are running nagios 1.1
                       plugins 1.3

we want to use mailq with nrpe

if we run nrpe as daemon or in inetd as user nagios mailq cannot read the
sendmail queue
because just root can do it
if i run nrpe as daemon with user root i can t and it tell me nrpe cannot
be run as root
if i run nrpe in inetd as root for every check i have the error " could not
complete ssl handshake "

if someone can help me
thanks
basile