check_http 404 error

David Olbersen DOlbersen at stbernard.com
Wed Dec 17 17:51:15 CET 2003

Lars Oeschey wrote:

> when I run:
> ./check_http -H is0618 -u /audi/busnet/
>
> I get:
> HTTP ok: HTTP/1.1 200 OK -   0.122 second response time |time=  0.122
>

> What's guing wrong here? I have several other servers where I run the
> check_url command successfully...

I'm willing to bet you have virtual hosting on that machine. I'm further willing to bet that "/audi/busnet" isn't available on the default virtual host.

Remember that nagios will be running:

  check_http -H <IP of Server> -u /audi/busnet/

I bet if you ran that, it'd give you a 404 as well!

You can change your command definition to take the hostname if you like, there's a good list of macros available in the documentation.

--
David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer