check_by_ssh and "issue" problem

Russell Thompson rp.thompson at qut.edu.au
Wed Dec 17 02:01:41 CET 2003

Hi all. I am trying to check processes on a remote Linux server. If the
remote host has the "issue" message (the message displayed by default when
you connect to the server) displaying, then all I get is the first line of
the "issue" message returned. If the issue message is turned off, the check
works fine. They don't want to turn the message off permanently, and say
they can't do it on a per user basis. Does anyone have any ideas about how
to get around this.

Thanks very much.

Russell.

Russell Thompson