Service Up Host Down - Distributed Setup

Mark Novak markno at twpc.com
Tue Dec 16 00:40:09 CET 2003

Hello all,

I have a Nagios setup where I have a distributed server and a central
server.  I am using passive checks without any problems until now.

Over the weekend, a couple of hosts that are monitored (byt the distributed
server) were shutdown.  On Monday morning, they were booted back up.  On the
Central server, they show the Service (check ping) as being ok, but still
show the host as being down.

In my configuration, the central server can not perform any active checks on
the hosts that are being checked by the distributed server.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Mark

---