=?unknown-8bit?B?Uulw?= =?unknown-8bit?Q?=2E?= : [Nagios-users] Timeout larger than 10 seconds

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Mon Dec 15 19:23:18 CET 2003

That doesn't work.  The timeout for the check_ command is larger than 10,
but you still get a critical "plugin timed out after 10 seconds" regardless.

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 08:41:33AM -0500, Serveur-Faucon Surveillance wrote:
> check_http www.awebsite.com -t 50
>
> This is for a timeout of 50 seconds insted of 10.
>
> or
>
> check_WATEVERCOMMAND -h
>
> For help :)

> Alexandre Racine
> Montréal, Québec, Canada

> How can I get nagios to not timeout after 10 seconds?  It seems that no
> matter what I do inside my plugin, nagios still claims a timeout when that
> plugin takes longer than 10 seconds to execute.  I have a particular plugin
> that can take up to a minute to finish.  Is there any way to change the
> default behavior for just this particular plugin?
>
> Thanks,
> Quanah
>
> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems
> ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.