Page if service is up

Carl Schelin cschelin at hq.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 15 17:26:31 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 11:20, Anders Holm wrote:
> > But in the interests of verification:
> >
> > ./negate check_http -S [server] -p [port] -a [admin:passwd]
> > HTTP ok: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily - ...
> > ./check_http -S [server] -p [port] -a [admin:passwd]
> > HTTP ok: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily - ...
>
> So, you are still getting errors. Why you get them is what you'd need to
> look at. If you don't want to have a username:password combo in your
> config file, is there any page on that service that is accessible
> without them? If not, it'll be hard to monitor the service you provide.
> How about a dummy user, which is only allowed to look at one page on
> that service?

I guess the problem here is in what I'm trying to do. I want the status
to be OK/Green if the service is unavailable. Down is its normal state
and Up is abnormal; even a Yellow/WARNING is acceptible.

If I create a service and call it "MUMBLE", use negate with check_http
or check_tcp and a port, when the service check is run I get a CRITICAL
and a page; service timed out.

> //Anders//

Thanks again.

Carl