Page if service is up

Carl Schelin cschelin at hq.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 15 16:59:01 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 10:36, Marc Powell wrote:
> [...]

I saw that. I'm not interested in having passwords in a configuration
file.

But in the interests of verification:

./negate check_http -S [server] -p [port] -a [admin:passwd]
HTTP ok: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily - ...
./check_http -S [server] -p [port] -a [admin:passwd]
HTTP ok: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily - ...

How about just checking the port:

./negate check_tcp -H [server] -p [port]
TCP OK -   0.004 second response time
./check_tcp -H [server] -p [port]
TCP OK -   0.003 second response time

I prefer using the actual service check vs checking the port. There are
times that the port is listening (NT systems primarily) but the service
is unavailable for some reason. In addition, I have one server (NT) that
the check_tcp program causes the service to fail.

Thanks though.

Carl