more serviceextinfo for one service?

Sebastian Schubert basti at sskm.net
Mon Dec 15 13:48:23 CET 2003

Am Son, den 14.12.2003 schrieb Wolfgang Fellner um 12:30:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use more than one serviceextinfo for one service?
> I tried to add a link to the rrd-graphs from apan and a link to our
> twiki (helpdocumentaion for our admins) but it seems that only the first
> in the serviceextinfo gets used.
> Has anybody a solution for this problem?
> Here my config:
> <begin>
>
> define serviceextinfo{
>         host_name           www.webbanking.norisbank.de
>         service_description Webbanking-Umsatzauskunft
>         notes_url
> https://hyper.noris.net/twiki/bin/view/NNKB/MonitorSiniusWebbankingUmsatzanzeige
>         icon_image          twiki.gif
>         icon_image_alt      twikihelp
> }
>
> define serviceextinfo{
>         host_name           www.webbanking.norisbank.de
>         service_description Webbanking-Umsatzauskunft
>         notes_url
> https://monitor1.noris.net/sinius-main/cgi/apan.cgi?host=www.webbanking.norisbank.de&service=Webbanking-Umsatzauskunft
>         icon_image          graph.png
>         icon_image_alt      RRD-Graph
> }
>
> <end>
>
> regards,
>   Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

i had the same problem, but haven't found a real solution for this..
but i've developed a workaround for this problem:
i link to a dynamically created page (in fact a php page, but perl would
also do this) and i get the *links* i want

example:
notes_url https://nagios..../notes.php?host=MYHOSTNAME

the scripts looks in a database which information is stored for this
host, and prints out the links ...

hth

--
"In god we trust, the Rest we Monitor"