Event logs and Nagios ...

Justin Hennessy jhennessy at mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Mon Dec 15 07:30:03 CET 2003

Hi All,

This is my first email on this list so be gentle. I found a post in the
archives that talks about using EventSentry and Syslog-ng to capture and
process Windows 2000 event logs into Nagios. The person even supplies a
script (which I am not really sure what it does) but does explain how he
gets the notifications from EventSentry into the Nagios logs.

Can anyone help me with this? or is there now a better way?

Thanks,

Justin Hennessy RHCT MCSE
Network and Systems Administrator
City of Mitcham

Quote: "It could be terminal, if I meet the Lone Sniper hiding behind
his grassy
knoll."

Information contained in this message may be confidential information
and may also be the subject of legal professional privilege or public
interest immunity.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised.  If you have
received this document in error, please telephone (08) 8372 8888.