[Nagios-devel] Subservice Definations

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Sat Dec 13 17:47:06 CET 2003

Hi John,

Thanks for you reply. I haven't yet started looking into the internals of
nagios yet (particulary as I gather 2.0 is very different). Do you have any
idea how difficult something like this would be to write? eg. Is it going to
slide in nicely, or is it going to require some major restructuring? If it's
the former I'm happy to have a go at writing it, and even it doesn't get
accepted into the core I can maintain a patch. If it's more the later then
obviously I'd need some feedback from the core developers.

I also remember reading a while back something about version 2 supporting
the dynamic insertion of new services? I'll have to dig through the
archives. That and some kind of container-subservice relationship between
services (a seperate relationship to service dependancies), would seem to be
a reasonable starting point.

Sam