Newbie question..services and hostgroups

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Fri Dec 12 23:32:33 CET 2003

I could swear that this was in the FAQ (http://www.nagios.org/faqs), but
I can't seem to find it right now. I'm sure someone will clue us in...

Yes, you can do exactly what you are asking for, apply a service check
to an entire hostgroup. In the service definition you'll need to change
the 'host_name' to 'hostgroup_name', then just follow it with a
hostgroup instead of a host. Also, should you ever want to apply a
service check to all hosts, you can simply use

host_name	*

in the definition.

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)