Escalation of Services check times

Chris chris at sightspeed.com
Fri Dec 12 01:36:27 CET 2003

I'm pretty sure this can't happen.

But can nagios change the check times based on escalations?

Problem is this, after nagios figures out a service is down, it will do two
one minute checks, then it goes back to five minute checks. That takes too
long. By the time my admins get alerted, over 25 minutes has passed.

I want nagios to do 1 minute checks til it hits 4 notifications, then alert
a certain group of admins and do five minute checks. Then again alert a
certain group of admins and then do 10 minute checks.

I don't want to do checks at 1 minute unless a service is not responding,
but I can only get that behavior for the first 3 attempts. After that it
fails to its normal check value for the service.

If this isn't do-able it might be cool to have the check interval for none
normal service operation, and a check interval for normal operations.

Thanks,
         Chris S.m
         RHCE,CCNA
        I.T.Engineer