Trends not accurate

Brian Basgen bbasgen at epixmed.com
Thu Dec 11 17:21:56 CET 2003

 I'm not entirely sure what your problem is, but I'd guess it has to do with
a log rotation issue: when nagios rotates logs it doesn't keep track of the
current service states in the new log. Search for "time undetermined" in the
list archives to get the details. An easy work around is to view the graphs
with "First Assumed State" being "Current State" instead of unspecified.

> Message: 31
> From: Johnston Michael J Contr AFRL/DES <michael.johnston at kirtland.af.mil>
> To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:21:52 -0000
> Subject: [Nagios-users] Trends not accurate
>

> I was looking at the trends for some of my hosts today and noticed that when
> I wanted to look at the this  weeks trends, there are none.  I can see
> trends from November 21 to 29th on any client I'm monitoring, but it seems
> to have just stopped keeping track of machines past that date.  Is this a
> setting somewhere that I may have turned off by mistake?  Thanks!

Regards,
 Brian Basgen
 Systems Administrator
 EPIX Medical