Nagios Percent Stats wildly messed up?

Denis Sacchet ouba at ouba.org
Thu Dec 11 11:16:12 CET 2003

I see the same behaviour in different installation and under different
situation ...

There are some posts on the subject and no clear explication ... I
currently audited the code but it is very fastidious ...

It seems that when a service goes critical in hard state (two or
more consecutive critical check), then the host goes down then
up, if the next service check is critical, this one cause an
entry of type soft state into the nagios.log file and then when
the service goes ok, this is consider as a "soft recovery" and
marked as soft into the nagios.log file. So the service is in
hard state (because of soft recovery) but the last critical state
recorded is an critical state ... cqfd ...

You seem to have this behaviour periodically, I would be interested
by a copy of your nagios.log file and your config file if possible.
I would help me into my audit :)

I ask for people who experiment same behaviour in order to see if
it is really a bug or a misconfiguration ...

Cordially

Denis Sacchet