Newb question... ( Host var - notification_period )

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Dec 10 17:54:25 CET 2003

notification_period
> )
>

> I read the documentation about the configuration files
> but ( probably because im french ) I don't understand
> what the notification_period host variable does?
>
> What is it meant to?

It specifies the time periods during which nagios will sent out
notifications.

> Can someone give me a real life exemple ?

If you have a time_period defined that covers 24 hours, seven days a
week, and that is set as the notification_period, nagios will send out
notifications whenever they happen.

If you have a time_period defined that excludes Saturday and Sunday and
that is set as the notification_period, nagios will send out
notifications Monday through Friday, but not on Saturday and Sunday (and
they will not be queued anywhere).

--
Marc