graphic-gdlib-recognition problem

Chuck chuck at sbbsnet.net
Wed Dec 10 15:23:16 CET 2003

I attempted to search the lists for this but sourceforge was first down for
maint. then there were errors in trying to retrieve the forum.

I am working with redhat 9 and the latest nagios tar (I don't use rpm when I
can help it). The system performs flawlessly with the exception of statistics
and 3d graphs (any graphs). Compiling Nagios says it cannot find gdlib
support for the png/gif/jpg.

So , I got the lastest stable gdlibs tar and installed them, then made sure
that their directory was listed in /etc/ld.so.conf and ran ldconfig by itself
with no cmdline parms.  Subsequent compilation STILL cannot find gdlibs.

Any ideas? My boss is on my butt to get this fixed. He wants to start using
Nagios "yesterday" , not comprehending it is a somewhat involved
installation/configuration process:).

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book