Monitoring process may not be running! ...

Jamie Bohr jbohr at cos.agilent.com
Tue Dec 9 23:06:35 CET 2003

I have Nagios 1.1 running using MySQL on a RH 9.
I get "Monitoring process may not be running!" a lot when I don't think
I should get it at all.  I have the following defined in cgi.cfg

nagios_check_command=/opt/monitorsvr/libexec/check_nagios
/opt/monitorsvr/var/nagios.log 10 '/opt/monitorsvr/bin/nagios'

The problem seems to be /opt/monitorsvr/var/nagios.log is not getting
updated on a regular basis however the database is.  If I use a database
for programstatus should I use an other command to check if Nagios is
running?  The database updates every 15 seconds as expected.  What do
other use?

Thank you,
      Jamie