Check_NWstat

Cory Schafer cscha at gbpinc.com
Tue Dec 9 16:21:51 CET 2003

I'm having some issues with check_nwstat. I get " Socket timeout after
10 seconds" when I want to do a volume check. I can run the
./check_nwstat manually with no problem.  Here is my relavent config
files:

Checkcommands.cfg
# 'check_nwstat' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_nwstat_vols
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nwstat -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -v
VPF$ARG1$ -w $ARG2! -c $ARG3$
        }

Host.cfg
# 'Novell Box' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host

        host_name               border
        alias                   DNS Server
        address                 192.169.1.2
        check_command           check_nwstat_vols
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

Service.cfg
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of servic

        host_name                       border
        service_description             Check Volumes
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  novell-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command
check_nwstat_vols!192.168.1.2!VPFSYS!100!50
        }

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

Cory Schafer