Problem with extended service info

Andy Riedel ariedel at atlas-mobile.com
Tue Dec 9 03:58:00 CET 2003

Has anyone been able to get this working? I'm having the same problem as
Chris. No matter what I do, I cannot get service icons to appear. I've
followed all the guidelines for APAN as well to get the graph service icons
to appear with no luck as well.

I have confirmed existence of images and proper permissions for all.

Andy Riedel
CTO
Atlas Mobile, Inc.

"Chris Jarvis" <cjarvis at portal.com> wrote in message
news:B8AF96534149164F9B6FEF5280B2C7AF02613C at CUP1-EXBE1.portal.com...
Hello,

I am having a problem getting extended service graph icon to show up on the
status page.  I have configured the cgi.cfg to use extendedservice info file
and I do not have it configured to use database.

xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/hostextinfo.cfg
xedtemplate_config_file=/etc/nagios/serviceextinfo.cfg

I have configured the extended service file as follows.

serviceextinfo{
        host_name               cup1-dc1
        service_description     Disk-usage
        notes_url
http://nagios/nagios/cgi-bin/apan.cgi?host=cup1-dc1&service=Disk-usage
        icon_image              graph.png
        icon_image_alt          View graphs
}

The graph icon is in the logos subdirectory, but won't show up on the status
page?  I have restarted Nagios numerous times.

I am running Nagios 1.1 on RH 9 with plugins-1.3.1-5.

Any advide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris Jarvis
Network Engineer
Portal Software