Red Hat Logwatch

Chris Stankaitis chris.stankaitis at datawire.net
Mon Dec 8 15:46:50 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have been using nagios for quite a long while now, but there are a
couple of loose ends in my implementation that I am trying to tie up.  I
do SSH checks with Nagios using the check_ssh plugin, and each of of
these SSH checks show up as

**Unmatched Entries**
Connection from 10.0.0.XX port 33309
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
Connection from 10.0.0.XX port 33479
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
Connection from 10.0.0.XX port 33612
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
Connection from 10.0.0.XX port 33792
Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0

in my daily logwatch creating *pages* of crap to have to filter through,
has anyone hacked up the logwatch scripts to ignore their nagios server
IP?? if so could you perhaps send me a patch or point me down the right
road to making the code changes to filter out this info, or otherwise
condense it into a manageable size... I.E.

**Unmatched Entries**
Connection from 10.0.0.XX port 33309 ... 705 times

or something like that.

--
Chris