Nagios Percent Stats wildly messed up?

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Sun Dec 7 21:39:55 CET 2003

I've been experiencing that nagios trend percentages, especially for the
daily, are almost always wrong.  We had a scheduled downtime go across a
24hr mark because nagios never pulled the service out of scheduled downtime
(even though it was checking it and getting UP/OK results!!!!)

It even went negative the other day, then I got it fixed by restarting
nagios to get the system out of the scheduled downtime state, stats
corrected, but today they're totally fubar AGAIN.  They're recovering but
it's acting like the thing went down for a day again.

What is up with this?  It's nagios v1.1, I'll get more details a little
later but for right now i'm fighting with yet another junk video card from
ATI.

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you