Syslog check

Crotty, Edward Edward.Crotty at dowjones.com
Fri Dec 5 15:56:14 CET 2003

And even further on that subject, check_log2.pl in the contrib directory
does check_log one up by adding a -n flag...

Usage: check_log2.pl -l <log_file> -s <log_seek_file> -p <pattern> [-n
<negpattern>]
Usage: check_log2.pl [ -v | --version ]
Usage: check_log2.pl [ -h | --help ]

-l, --logfile=<logfile>
    The log file to be scanned
-s, --seekfile=<seekfile>
    The temporary file to store the seek position of the last scan
-p, --pattern=<pattern>
    The regular expression to scan for in the log file
-n, --negpattern=<negpattern>
    The regular expression to skip in the log file

>From my quick use of the two, I would recommend the check_log2.pl just
because it happens to give you the flexibility to not only say find me
something, but find me something... but if it has something else in it as
well, dont trigger an alarm (the -n)

-ed