check_sensors - alternatives?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Dec 5 13:59:15 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 08:14, John Hearns wrote:

> The sample check_sensors plugin is rather simple -
> it simply checks for the string ALARM in the output of lm_sensors.
>
> Can anyone point me towards other lm_sensors plugins?

I don't know of other implementations.

> Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding things,
> but features which would be nice would be:
>
> *) an alarm message relating to the problem, eg. FAN1 Fail

Yes. That would be good to add

> *) maybe output of the temps/fan speeds for later processing in APAN
> (that's next on the list - get APAN working. Hints/tips welcome!)

Sorry, cannot comment on APAN, I don't use it.

> *) more sophisticated filtering on alarms.
>    For example, looking at the lm_sensors output below there is a
>    Chassis Intrusion alarm, which I don't want to trigger an alarm state

For that one, I think you need to change the lm_sensors output - if
lm_sensors is sane, that will cause a non-zero exit status, which should
propagate through the plugin. The lm_sensors config file will alow you
to change things like that, IIRC.

--
Karl