The SENTINIX project

Michel Blomgren michel at sentinix.org
Fri Dec 5 09:01:24 CET 2003

Hi!

I'm writing on behalf of the SENTINIX project, which is a Linux distribution
designed for monitoring (Nagios), auditing (Nessus, nmap), intrusion
detection (Snort), anti-spam (e-mail gateway/proxying using
MailScanner+SpamAssassin) and clustering (openMosix).

Nagios is a central part in SENTINIX and we're working on developing Nagios
plugins to, for instance, handle Snort alerts, check openMosix cluster load
average and utilization, etc.

I'm writing this because we need help with development, beta testing and lots
of more community feedback!  SENTINIX is developed entirely by what the
community (at large) asks for.  Please drop by http://sentinix.org and check
it out.

SENTINIX is free software, it's currently being (extremely) actively developed
with the help of sponsorship and donations.  The two previous beta releases
were released under a BSD-type license, the next (v0.71) will be released
entirely under GNU GPL (and will remain so).

--
Michel Blomgren
SENTINIX Project Manager