Compiling nagios-plugins-1.3.1 on AIX 5.2

MT Morales nagios at pensol.net
Thu Dec 4 00:12:44 CET 2003

Hello,

Can someone suggest what the problem may be? I've been trying to
compile nagios-plugins-1.3.1 on AIX 5.2 using the gnu compiling tools,
and no matter what I do, I get stuck with the following error
when "make" tries to link check_disk binary:

        gcc  -g -O2  -L. -o check_disk  check_disk.o
utils.o ../lib/libnagiosplug.a popen.o -lsnprintf -lsnprintf
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .VA_COPY
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Also according to the the config.log file the getloadavg() function is
missing on the system:

configure:3837: checking for getloadavg
configure:3887: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: getloadavg

 So nagios-plugins defines its own getloadavg() in getloadavg.c file,
but still it doesn't seem to work properly under AIX 5.2.

Any ideas or workaround will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tomas