SMS messaging

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Wed Dec 3 00:01:58 CET 2003

> There's a list of TAP gateway numbers on the qpage web site, but you may have
> to contact your carrier for a number anyway.  Many of the numbers listed are
> for the carriers' paging networks only, and are not set up to carry messages
> to the SMS network.  Quite often the TAP->SMS phone number is listed on the
> carrier's web site, as well.

As far as I know, only Nextel still accepts TAP delivery to SMS.  Everyone
else has turned it down over the last year.

(cell phone carriers -- most of the alpha-paging providers still support it)

--
Joe Rhett                                                      Chief Geek
JRhett at Isite.Net                                      Isite Services, Inc.