SMS messaging

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Dec 2 18:51:44 CET 2003

SMPP is a protocol that's used for interfacing directly with the SMSCs (SMS
centres). It's a pretty heavy weight protocol, and I certainly wouldn't
recommend it for integrating something like nagios. Moreover, you're only
likely to ever be given an SMPP connection if you are buying considerable
volume (by which I mean at least tens of thousands of messages a month).

Sam