Two questions

Michael Pratt mpratt at moinfo.com
Mon Dec 1 15:31:29 CET 2003

1. Logged in as ?

What is it that I need to change to get the Login name to be displayed on Nagios?  When I enable use_authentication I cannot access any displays even after setting full access to everything under the administrator.

Is there a trick to this? Or am I missing something? Should rights be granted at a file level?

NT_CPU LOAD

Next question

This is what I have under checkcommands.cfg

#Check NT CPU LOAD

define command{

        command_name    check_nt_cpuload

        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l $ARG1$

        }

under services.cfg I have:

define service{

        use                                   generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                        host

        service_description           NT CPU Load

        is_volatile                         0

        check_period                   24x7

        max_check_attempts        3

        normal_check_interval      3

        retry_check_interval         1

        contact_groups                 nt-admins

        notification_interval           120

        notification_period            24x7

        notification_options           w,u,c,r

        check_command               check_nt_cpuload!10,80,95,60,80,95,1440,80,95

        }

When I look at my nagios screen after it refreshes I get the following:

HOST

NT CPU Load

UNKNOWN

12-01-2003 08:29:55