monitoring win2k processes

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Aug 29 19:50:10 CEST 2003

You would need to write an event handler that would be called when the
service when down to perform whatever action was necessary to restart
the failed service. In your case you would need to devise a way of
connecting to your remote windows machine and executing whatever command
was necessary to restart the failed service(s). Your method would need
to able to be called from a script and require no human interaction to
complete. I suppose that it _might_ be possible to use nrpe_nt to
accomplish this with your restart script in the plugins directory but
YMMV. You wouldn't be using nrpe the way it was designed but rather only
as the transport mechanism used by your event handler.

--
Marc

Reliable,