check_http times out eventhough website is accessible

Kalle Andersson kalle at kontilint.se
Fri Aug 29 14:48:09 CEST 2003

But I should've noticed that when using telnet/lynx? There couldn't be
that much difference between check_http and telnet.
I can't recall if there was a slight delay when trying to connect to
those sites, but I'm certain that it didn't take 10 seconds, using lynx
that is.

By the way, I'm using IP-addresses when connecting, DNS is not an issue
here.

Once I get the error again I'll try and se if I can get some additional
information by tracking the syscalls done by check_http.

Mail: kalle at kontilint.se
Tel: +46-702-420659