nsca setting

Christian Purnomo cpurn at cpurn.net
Thu Aug 28 10:02:41 CEST 2003

HI All,

I have a running nagios and a couple of hosts with NRPE setup, happy to see the results.  Today I have been trying to fiddle with NSCA, but I'm quet stucked at the moment.

I have configured send_nsca to run and send the relevant information I need from the remote server, this message appears to be successfully delivered to nagios server and written to file '$NAGIOSHOME/var/rw/nagios.cmd'.

What should happen from this point? is Nagios supposed to read the content of this file? or is it the job of NSCA daemon?

I also read that the file nagios.cmd is supposed to be created a named pipe when nagios is started (read this from nsca.cfg), but it doesn't appear so.  I start nagios and there's no such file as var/rw/nagios.cmd.

Are there any other documentation for NSCA? is it stable to use (if it is still in beta development)

Many thanks

Christian.