(no subject)

Pedro Rebelo pedro.rebelo at tagus.ist.utl.pt
Wed Aug 27 21:45:31 CEST 2003

Hello there!

I am testing some cluster information gathering, and i am having some trouble. I have 10 hosts ( linux1,linux2,linux3, linuxN ) that have the  "check_command  check-host-alive" option under its host configuration. Then, i've configured a service like this:

define service{
        use generic-service
        host_name VirtualCluster
        service_description Linux Cluster Status
        is_volatile 0
        check_period 24x7
        max_check_attempts 10
        normal_check_interval 2
        retry_check_interval 1
        contact_groups linux-admins
        notification_interval 240
        notification_options w,u,c,r
        notification_period             24x7
        check_command check_host_cluster!5!9!/usr/local/nagios/etc/linuxhostcluster.cfg
        }

The host VirtualCluster is a host i "virtually created" that represents the system where nagios is running from and has the option "check_command check-dummy" activated. The problem is that at the Service Details on the web frontend of nagios i get this:

VirtualCluster Linux Cluster Status	OK 	27-08-2003 21:41:00 	0d 0h 5m 58s 	1/10 	Host cluster ok: 0 up, 0 down, 0 unreachable

( First of all...its not OK....)

Then, on the host details:

linux1	PENDING 	N/A 	0d 0h 7m 7s+ 	(Not enough data to determine host status yet)

This line repeats on all of the linuxN boxes. Whats the problem ?