CGI authentication puzzle

Carroll, Jim P [PCS] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Mon Aug 25 19:22:24 CEST 2003

Greets all,

While logged into the web interface for Nagios as myself, I only
recently discovered (as it's not somewhere I go to frequently)
that if I click on "Network Outages", I get the dreaded message:

"It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
you requested...

If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
requirements for accessing this CGI
and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file."

Just for fun, I tried it as guest.  No such problem.  I tried it as
nagiosadmin.  No such problem.

outages.cgi has mode 755.  The parent directory has mode 775.

Here are the relevant snippets from my cgi.cfg:

use_authentication=1
authorized_for_system_information=*
authorized_for_configuration_information=*
authorized_for_system_commands=nagiosadmin,jcarro10
authorized_for_all_services=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_hosts=nagiosadmin,guest
authorized_for_all_service_commands=*
authorized_for_all_host_commands=*

(NB:  I'm logged in as jcarro10.)

Can anyone offer a possible reason why this is happening?

jc