check_disk output problem...

Brian Johnson blj at thermoanalytics.com
Fri Aug 22 21:03:19 CEST 2003

Hi all.  I'm having a problem with some of the nagios plugins, check_disk in
particular.  I have a system running redhat 7.3 that I check remotely.  One
of the things I check is the disk usage of several drives.  But, I was
getting an error of "Unable to read ouput:".  So, I went to the machine and
ran the check_disk command by hand and got the same thing.  Here is what I
did and got as output:

First time I ran:

15:00:39 root > ./check_disk 90 99 /dev/hdb2
Unable to read output:
/bin/df -Pk /dev/hdb2
/dev/hdb2              6158916   3330920   2515132      57%

Second time I thought it might have been a command line argument problem so i
ran:

14:52:50 root > ./check_disk -c 90% -w 99% -p /dev/hdb2
Unable to read output:
/bin/df -Pk /dev/hdb2
/dev/hdb2              6158916   3330920   2515132      57%

Same thing both times.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

--
Brian Johnson
ThermoAnalytics, Inc.

If it doesn't fit, force it.
If it still doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.