active_checks_enabled

Jason Smedley jsmedley at architelpartners.com
Thu Aug 21 00:24:26 CEST 2003

I've got Distributed Monitoring to work properly.  I've also turned on
the freshness checking options for the services on the central server.
However, the active_checks_enabled option does not work.  Its checking
my service-is-stale script and sending out down alerts, then turning
around and sending out recovered alerts when it processes the passive
notifications.  If I turn off active checks from the nagios.cfg file,
the checks stop, but I need to check local hosts from the central
server.

Anyone else having this problem?

Services.cfg file on Central Server:
define service{
        use                                   generic-service
        host_name                        server
        service_description            check-host-alive
        is_volatile                          0
        active_checks_enabled      0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts        3
        normal_check_interval       5
        retry_check_interval          1
        contact_groups                architel
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period            24x7
        notification_options          w,u,c,r
        check_command             service-is-stale
        }