nagios / apan config prob

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Wed Aug 20 05:39:29 CEST 2003

The default APAN scripts are set up to use HOSTNAME, which requires a DNS
lookup every time the plugin is called.  I discovered this when our internal
DNS server went down, and our apan plugins stopped working.  The normal
nagios plugins use the host address, so what I did was modify APAN to use
the host address as well.

Here's what to do:

Modify apan.sh to include "HOSTADDRESS":
#Read arguments from the command-line
CHECK=$1
HOST=$2
HOSTADDRESS=$3
SVCNAME=$4
TIME=$5
WARN=$6
CRIT=$7

Modify your check_command.cfg definition to include "HOSTADDRESS":
# 'apan' command definition
define command {
        command_name    apan
        command_line    /usr/local/nagios/apan/apan.sh $ARG1$ $HOSTNAME$
$HOSTADDRESS$ $SERVICEDESC$ $TIMET$ $ARG2$ $ARG3$
}

Modify each plugin in $NAGIOS/apan/plugs to use HOSTADDRESS instead of HOST
(just search for HOST and replace with HOSTADDRESS in each plugin script)

news:1061314372.4156.1.camel at localhost.localdomain...