Availability reports

Anthony Brock Anthony_Brock at ous.edu
Mon Aug 18 23:25:52 CEST 2003

Okay, I'm finding a rather frustrating issue with Nagios. I activated the "log_initial_states=1" in my nagios.cfg file several months ago. However, I needed to restart the nagios process this morning.

Prior to this restart, an availability report showed 100% total "UP" time and 0% total "Undetermined" for a specific server. Now, it is showing (for the past 7 days) 2.3% total "UP" time and 97.6% total "Undetermined" time for the SAME server!

Why would restarting the server make it forget all past information? I've checked the disk space and have plenty of room. Also, all of the archive files are available (for the past 4 months). Finally, I've confirmed the "Assume Initial States" option is set to "yes" when generating the report.

Ideas?

Tony