hostescalation - config problem

Anurag Gupta agupta at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Aug 15 21:03:24 CEST 2003

I am running into problems when I try to define 2 hostescalations
definitions fo the same hostgroup. When I remove one of the 2 hostescalation
definitions, it runs fine. Any clues what has changed between Nagios 1.3 and
2.0 in this regard.

I understand hostgroupescalation has been removed in 2.0. Is this a bug or
am I missing something?

thanks
-anurag

When I run nagios to check my config:
================
Reading configuration data...
Error: Could not allocate memory for hostescalation list to add host
'fs0.qa.geo.scd.yahoo.com' escalation
Error: Could not register host escalation (config file
'/home/y/conf/nagios/include/alpha.hosts.cfg', line 23)
================

Contents of alpha.hosts.cfg:
================
define host {
       use         generic-host
       register    0
       name        alpha-host
}

define host {
       use           alpha-host
       host_name     fs0.qa.geo.scd.yahoo.com
       alias         fs0.qa.geo.scd.yahoo.com
       address       66.218.77.98
       contact_groups       alpha-primary
       event_handler handle-host-event
       event_handler_enabled 1
}

define hostgroup {
       hostgroup_name       alpha-hosts
       alias                alpha-hosts
       members              fs0.qa.geo.scd.yahoo.com
}

define hostescalation {
      hostgroup_name           alpha-hosts
      contact_groups           alpha-secondary
      first_notification       2
      last_notification        0
      notification_interval    120
}