notification problem

Joe Buehler jbuehler at hekimian.com
Thu Aug 14 14:55:55 CEST 2003

Eric Blumenau wrote:

>   For a particular service, I have Nagios set up to notify on
> warn,unknown,critical and recoveries (w,u,c,r).  This service's contact
> group emails and pages our administrators.  Well, my problem is that
> emails and pages go out when the service does a hard critical but only
> sends emails on a hard recovery.  Here are the service notifications
> from the web page (a critical at 10:14:44, an ok at 1:17:34 and another
> critical at 10:34:45):

I didn't look at your config in detail, but I am having problems with
notifications myself.  Perhaps your problem is the same as mine:

It turns out that there is something in nagios called
"retain_nonstatus_information" that, when enabled, causes nagios to
ignore what's in the config files and use what's in the status file instead,
for certain configuration parameters (marked as such in the documentation).

So I've been merrily changing various parameters in my config files and
wondering why the changes have been having no effect...

Perhaps the name should be changed to "ignore_config_file".
--
Joe Buehler