df -k issue with netsaint_statd

Hochberg, Keith Keith.Hochberg at mtvi.com
Thu Aug 14 00:02:11 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I have searched the FAQ's and haven't been able to find any posts
regarding this issue.  Today I had a host reboot itself which has many
other hosts mounting it via NFS.  I started getting critical alerts for
all of these hosts because apparently the netsaint_statd daemon was
hanging on the 'df -k' that it was executing on all of the hosts which
mount this server that crashed.

Question is has anyone come across this issue and edited the daemon to
move on to the next check after timing out on the 'df -k' for let's say
10 seconds?  If not, I will gladly work on this and share the fix.

Thanks!

-Keith